We have a variety of coaches available for hire ranging from 16 - 53 seater vehicles, including executive vehicles with air conditioning, hot drinks machine, w.c, washroom and entertainment system.
All of our vehicles for hire are fitted with seatbelts (some with 3 point belts) which meet all current Department of Transport standards.
Discounts are available for off peak and 'out of season work'
We also offer a comprehensive group booking service; if your group or society would like assistance with travel arrangements, hotel accommodation, ferries, theatre tickets, meal venues etc, please contact us and we will be only too pleased to assist.
REQUEST A QUOTATION
If you would like a quotation for coach hire, please telephone 01636 703813 or email us on:
With details of::
Date of hire
Number of passengers
Departure and return time
We aim to get back to you the same working day with your quotation.
Please see below for our Private Hire Terms and Conditions
Travel Wright accepts private hire bookings verbally over the telephone (01636 703813) or in person at our Brunel Business Park premises. Also by e-mail email@example.com , or post, Travel Wright, Brunel Business Park, Jessop Close, Newark, Notts NG24 2AG.
1) Application - These conditions apply whether a contract has been made verbally or in writing. The hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicles. If the hirer is a company, group, or partnership, an individual must be named as a responsible person. The hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all the passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract, whether or not they actually travel with the party. If the hirer is not going to travel with the party, a representative must be chosen, and the company informed prior to the hire taking place. The company will only accept instructions from the hirer or their nominated representative. Where a copy of these conditions has been given to the hirer at any time, or the hirer has been advised verbally of all significant terms, making a booking will be deemed to signify acceptance of them. Where a hirer makes a booking before receiving these conditions and without being advised verbally of all significant terms, the hirer may cancel the contract with liability to the operator within 48 hours of receiving these conditions. Otherwise, the hirer will be deemed to accept these conditions.
2) Quotations - Quotations are given on the basis of the direct route and on information provided by the hirer. The route used will be at the discretion of the company unless it has been particularly specified by the hirer in which case it will be clearly shown on the confirmation All quotations are given subject to the company having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise notified. Quotations are given for coach and driver only. Any additional charges will be separately identified and will be the hirers responsibility unless otherwise specified.
3) Use of the Vehicle - The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor that will it remain at the destination for the hirers use unless this has been agreed with the company in advance.
4) Route and Time Variation - The company reserves the right to levy additional charges for additional mileage or time to that agreed. The charges will be pro rata and in accordance with the formula advised on the booking confirmation. The vehicle will depart at times agreed by the hirer, and it is the responsibility of the hirer to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer.
5) Drivers Hours - The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law, and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hirer keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passenger shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur, the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs incurred unless it is outside the control of the hirer. The calculation of any additional costs will be as in condition 4.
6) Seating Capacity - The company will, at the time of booking, agree and specify the legal seating capacity of the vehicle to be supplied. The hirer must not load the vehicle beyond this capacity.
7) Conveyance of Animals - On a private hire, no animals (other than guide dogs and hearing dogs notified to the company in advance) may be carried on any vehicle without prior written agreement from the company
8) Confirmation - Normally, written confirmation by the company is the only basis for the acceptance of a hiring or for a subsequent alteration to its terms
9) Payment - Our payment terms vary for our customers, but are specified in the attached letter of confirmation and must be adhered to failure to pay deposits or balances by the due date may result in cancellation of the booking by the company.
NEW CUSTOMERS & LATE/EVENING WORK
Full payment is required 7 days prior to the date of hire.
We will require a £50 security deposit in addition to the hire charges for all new customers and late/evening work. This is refunded in full after the date of hire unless:
1. The vehicle requires excessive cleaning in addition to what is considered acceptable
2. There has been any damage/vandalism to the vehicle i.e missing headrests, curtains etc
In these cases, the security deposit will not be returned. In addition, should there be any major damage (not coverable by the £50.00 deposit) we will pursue the organiser/hirer for full recompense.
10) Cancellation by Hirer
a) If the hirer wishes to cancel any agreement, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge
NOTICE GIVEN CHARGE
Single Vehicle More than one vehicle
10 Days or more None 25%
6-9 days 10% of hire 50%
3-5 days 25% of hire 70%
1-2 days 50% of hire 85% of hire
Day of hire before arrival of Minimum Minimum
Coach at departure point 85% of hire 85% of hire
At or after arrival of coach
at departure point 100% of hire 100% of hire
b) The cost of accommodation, meals and theatre tickets which have already been purchased by the company at the request of the hirer, will be charged to the hirer, plus any administration charges incurred by the company.
c) Cancellation charges will apply when coaches are cancelled due to inclement weather unless the booking is able to be transferred to a future date in which case the charge may be reduced or waivered.
11) Cancellation by the Company
In the event of any emergency, riot, civil commotion, strike, lock out, stoppage or restraint of labour or on the happening of any event over which the company has no control (including adverse weather and road conditions) or in the event of the hirer taking any action to vary agreed conditions unilaterally, the company may, by returning all money paid and without further or other liability, cancel the contract.
12) Vehicle to be Provided
a) The company reserves the right to provide a larger vehicle than that specified at no additional charge unless any extra seats are used in which case an additional pro rata charge will be made to the hire charge
b) The company reserves the right to substitute another vehicle (including those of other operators) or ancillary facilities for all or part of the hiring subject to such substitutes being of at least equivalent quality.
13) Breakdown and Delays
The company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion, or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
14) Agency Arrangements
Where the company hires in vehicles from other operators at the request of the hirer and where the company arranges ancillary facilities such as meals accommodation, ferries, admission tickets or any other services provided by another supplier, it does so as agent for and on behalf of the hirer. Any terms and conditions imposed by such other suppliers through the company shall, insofar as they are supplied to the hirer, be binding on the hirer as if he had directly contracted such services and the hirer shall indemnify the company against any loss claim, damage or award in respect of a breach of such suppliers terms and conditions brought about by the hirers action.
15) Package Travel Regulations
If the hirer organises other elements of a package in addition to the provision of transport, the hirer may be defined as an organiser or a retailer for the purposes of the Package Travel, Package Holidays, and Package Tours Regulations 1992 and as such may be required to comply with the provisions of those Regulations. In this instance, the company cannot accept any liability that may be incurred for losses or damage that it would otherwise accept under the terms of those Regulations. The hirer accepts responsibility for establishing whether they are so defined, and the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage incurred that should have been the responsibility of the hirer if the hirer was the legally defined organiser or retailer.
Where the company agrees to act as an organiser or retailer, it will issue separate conditions of trading relating to its liabilities and responsibilities under the Regulations.
16) Passengers Property
a) All vehicles hired by the company are subject to restrictions on carrying luggage for statutory safety reasons. The hirer accepts that the driver shall be the sole judge as to whether and to what extent passengers property is carried. Large bulky items may not be able to be carried, and the hirer should take all steps to notify the company in advance of such requirements
b) The company accepts any personal property of the hirer and their passengers on the understanding that it will take all reasonable steps to avoid loss or damage. The hirer should notify the company or the driver if items of exceptional value are to be carried on the vehicle. It is the hirers responsibility to minimise the risk of loss when property is left unattended by not leaving valuables on the coach.
c) The Companys liability for loss and damage to property, however caused, is limited to £500 per bag, case or package with an overall limit of £1000 (overall claim value) maximum per passenger. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that items over this value are insured separately for loss and damage.
d) The limits in this section do not apply to personal injury claims.
e) All articles of lost property recovered from the vehicle will be held at the companys Brunel Business Park premises and will be subject to the current Public Service Vehicle (Lost Property) Regulations. The company will provide details of this legislation on request.
17) Conduct of Passengers
a) The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times, and as such may remove any passenger whose behaviour prejudices safety or is in breach of the Public Service Vehicle (Conduct of Drivers, Inspectors, Conductors and Passengers) Regulations 1990. These regulations set out certain rights and responsibilities on all parties, and full details of these can be obtained from the company on request. The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle by any passenger for the duration of the hire.
b) Where the hire is to a sporting event, the hirer should be aware of the legal requirements relating to alcohol, contained in the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, (as amended) and the conditions of entry to race courses as laid down by the Race Course Association Ltd. The company will provide details of these restrictions on request.
In the event of complaint about the companys services, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by seeking assistance from the driver or from the company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing within 14 days of the termination date of the hire. The company will acknowledge all complaints within 14 days and will normally reply fully within 28 days.
No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without the written consent of the company.
20) Refreshment and Alcoholic Drinks
Other than on a vehicle fitted expressly for that purpose, food (except confectionery) and drink (including alcoholic beverages) may not be consumed on the vehicle without prior written consent from the company.
It is a legal requirement that passengers wear the seatbelts provided at all times whilst the vehicle is in motion.
Since 01/07/07 smoking is completely banned by law aboard all coaches/buses at all times.